Robo Wunderkind is an award-winning robot that is changing the way we learn about technology. It is designed for kids starting from 5 years old to provide the easiest way to learn coding and basics of robotics. Electronic components are safely embedded into blocks with a smart connection system. With Robo Wunderkind you can start building and programming robots right away. We are making technology accessible to everyone.
People love what we are doing: in October 2015 we did Kickstarter and raised $250k in preorders within 5 weeks from people in 58 different countries.
Our further achievements:
- finalist TechCrunch SF Startup Battlefield 2015
- Robot of the Year 2014 Award from the robotics company Festo
- Startup of the Year 2015 in Austria (trend@venture award) and Startup of the Year 2015 in Vienna
- finalist Pioneers Challenge 2014
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer (C++/Firmware/Embedded). As a Senior Software Engineer at Robo Wunderkind, you will function as Software Team Lead and will be responsible for crucial engineering aspect of our business - the firmware / embedded OS layer of all current and future Robo Wunderkind devices.
- Design and implement the embedded software that runs on the hardware
- Define system architecture and high level app design
- Write design specification documents
- Test and debug throughout development phase
- Experienced engineer (2-5 years) with a multi-disciplinary expertise in both software and firmware
- Previous experience in combining hardware and software
- A passion for product development with proficiency in C/C++
- Expertise in embedded systems based on ARM architectures
- Advanced knowledge of Linux programming (Mostly C/C++)
- Experience with Bluetooth, BLE, ARM, I2C
- Ability to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment with other motivated and talented individuals
- Driven, committed, motivated, and not afraid of hard work
- Understanding of DFM and DFT requirements and trade-offs