Coffee Circle is all about outstanding coffees delivered to your door. Coffee Circle stands for hand-picked specialty coffee and a direct and fair trade model that combines economic success with social impact. Coffee Circle personally sources coffees with strict principles, pays prices far above the world market and regularly visits the farmer cooperatives to build up personal relationships. Roasted in our own roastery in Berlin, Coffee Circle sells across Europe to private, corporate and wholesale customers mainly through its website coffeecircle.com. We further invest 1 EUR per kg of roasted coffee sold, into projects at the grower communities to improve living conditions of the farmers and their families.
You will be joining our backend team and will be responsible for core of our e-commerce system. At the moment we use shopware with a small ecosystem of microservices. You will breathe life in new features and be crucial in shaping our e-commerce platform. Enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with an international and cross-functional team.
- We are looking for an engineer with excellent PHP skills, ideally also with Symfony/Zend
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
- You are a big advocate of test automation, continuous integration and docker
- You are experienced in building resilient and well documented REST-APIs
- Experience with eCommerce platforms e.g. Shopware, Magento etc. is a plus
- Deep understanding of *SQL databases
- Proven track record of shipping functional and delightful products
- A highly analytical mind with creative problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator and great team player.
- Open minded, humble, eager to learn and critical
- Fluency in English (German is a plus)
- You work independently in a team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making.
- You help significantly to shape our platform and can thus contribute to the strategic growth of Coffee Circle.
- You work in a well-equipped office in the start-up capital Berlin.
- You have the choice of your hardware (SSD, 16GB RAM, 29" display is the standard).
- Skill-dependent, negotiable salary – don’t hesitate to approach us
Interested? Send your application now (English or German)!